Reenagross Woodland Park
Welcome to Reenagross or Rinn na gCros, Irish for the Headland of the Crosses or the Muddy Point.
The park is a wooded peninsula set within the beautiful landscape of Kenmare Bay. It was originally developed as a private park by the first Marquis of Lansdowne (1739-1803). An 18th century map of the Lansdowne Estate shows Reenagross as it was drawn by John Powell in 1764. It was an open peninsula withvery few trees. By the mid-19th century however a woodland, boat house and pier were developed. Reenagross as we see it today had taken shape.
The Reenagross Woodland Park Brochure outlines over 3km of walking trails in Reenagross park, along with the diverse range of habitats that are home to a wide variety of plants and animals, archaeological features and places of interest.
To appreciate Reenagross Park, download this brochure now or pick it up at Kenmare Tourist and Heritage Centre, Courthouse Building, Town Square.
The Reenagros Woodland Park brochure is kindly provided by Kenmare Tidy Towns Association. Kenmare Tidy Towns Association is a voluntary organisation, actively working at enhancement and development in keeping the town looking good. They have consistently won gold medals in national level and have twice been honoured with winning overall.
Reenagross Woodland Virtual Tour : http://bit.ly/reenagross
For more information visit http://www.facebook.com/KenmareTidyTownsVoluntaryOrganisation.
No reviews have been added yet.
Two weekend programmes are being offered from UCC via the Skellig Centre for Reserach and Innovation This March and April: An Introduction to Astronomy and An Introduction to Marineread more